Denton to become a ‘Bee City’ | WFAA.com

Featured Video Play Icon

DENTON — Down Denison Street, in a normal looking backyard in Denton, Christina Beck has found her calm place. “I’m a little bit strange,” Beck said. It’s a place she shares with 200,000 bees. “I do talk to my bees,” she said. Her family is one of about 75 in the city with an urban … Read more

UNT named first Bee Campus USA in Texas | News| University of North Texas

DENTON (UNT), Texas – The University of North Texas has become the first university in the state of Texas to be named a Bee Campus USA. Bee Campus USA is a sustainability organization focused on supporting pollinator species populations, which are declining rapidly across the globe. “I am proud of UNT’s Bee Campus USA Certification, … Read more

Beekeepers get sweet deal | Denton Record Chronicle | News for Denton County, Texas

Things seem to be getting sweeter for some Denton residents after the City Council approved a change that would allow for beekeeping within city limits. In their meeting on Tuesday, council members signed off on an addition to the animal ordinance that allows residents to keep honeybees if they meet listed criteria. The city also … Read more

%d bloggers like this: